WhatsApp has been a popular messaging app for many years. It is very convenient to see other users’ last seen and online status. However, some people may not want others to see this information. This article will show you how to hide last seen on WhatsApp and also how to hide online status on WhatsApp Web.
What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is a web client of the WhatsApp messaging service, which allows users to send and receive messages, photos, documents, and voice messages from their computers. The service is available for Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari browsers. WhatsApp Web was first introduced for Android and iPhone users in January 2015.
WhatsApp Web can be used to send messages to other WhatsApp users and contacts who do not have the WhatsApp application. Messages sent through WhatsApp Web are sent using the user’s phone number. WhatsApp Web also includes a feature that allows users to back up their chats to Google Drive.
How to Hide your Last Seen on WhatsApp Web
If you’re using WhatsApp Web, you may want to hide your last seen and online status. Here’s how to do it:
- First, open WhatsApp Web and log in to your account.
- Next, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and select “Privacy.”
- Under “Last Seen,” toggle the switch to “Off.”
- Under “Online Status,” toggle the switch to “Off.”
- Click “Done” to save your changes.
How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp on an Android
With the new WhatsApp update, you can hide your “last seen” status. This is a great feature if you want to keep your privacy or if you just don’t want people to know when you were last active on WhatsApp.
To hide your “last seen” status on WhatsApp:
- Go to your WhatsApp Settings and select the “Privacy” option.
- Select who you want to share your “last seen” status. You can choose between “Everyone”, “My Contacts”, or “Nobody”.
- If you select “Nobody, ” your “last seen” status will be hidden from everyone. Even if someone has your phone number, they cannot see when you were last active on WhatsApp.
- If you want to take your privacy a step further, you can also turn off the “Read Receipts” feature. This feature allows people to see when you have read their messages.
- To turn off “Read Receipts”, go to your WhatsApp Settings and select the “Privacy” option. From there, you can turn off the “Read Receipts” feature.
With these two privacy features, you can completely control who knows when you are using WhatsApp.
How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp on an iPhone
It is now possible to hide your last seen status on WhatsApp, meaning that your contacts will no longer be able to see when you were last online. This is a great privacy setting to have, especially if you’re worried about people stalking you or keeping tabs on your online activity. Here’s how to enable it:
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings.
- Tap on your account and then select Privacy.
- Scroll down and under the “Last seen” heading, select the option for “Nobody”.
- That’s it! Your last seen status will now be hidden from all of your contacts.
If you ever want to change this setting, simply go to Settings > Privacy and select a different option for “Last seen”.
Can I hide my status for specific contacts on WhatsApp?
Yes, you can hide your status for specific contacts on WhatsApp. To do this, go to your WhatsApp settings and select the ‘Privacy’ option. From here, you can select which contacts you want to hide your status from. Once you’ve made your selection, your status will be hidden from those contacts.
Can I see others while my status is hidden on WhatsApp?
No, you cannot see others while your status is hidden on WhatsApp. If you have your status hidden, it means that you have chosen to not share your status with any of your contacts. Your contacts will only be able to see that you were last online at the time that you last had your status set to “visible”.